This report summarizes notable events discussed on Jihadi Web forums during the second half of…
This report summarizes notable events discussed on Jihadi Web forums during the second half of October 2012. Following are the main points covered in the report:
• Sheikh Ayman Al-Zawahiri calls for concluding the revolutions in Egypt and Syria with the institution of Islamic law [shari’a]. The liberation of Jerusalem and Palestine, he adds, begins in Egypt and Syria.
• Sheikh Yahya Abu Al-Hamam, the new emir of the Sahara for Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), announces that the mujahideen in northern Mali are ready to defend against invasion, and will execute the French citizens they are holding hostage if France invades northern Mali.
• Al-Shabab Al-Mujahideen threatens to attack Britain in retaliation for its extradition of Sheikh Abu Hamza Al-Masri to the US.
• Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) exhorts the Al-Nahdha Party-led Tunisian government to come to its senses, shake off Western influence, and cease pandering to the US by arresting Islamists.
• For yet a third time, the Saudi Arabian Deputy Consul in Aden, a captive of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), appeals to his government to secure his release by freeing Al-Qaeda prisoners.
• Jihadists report the death of Abu Moez Al-Tunisi, emir of the Salafi-jihadist group Jund Al-Khilafah, which is active in Afghanistan and Kazakhstan. Abu Moez, who trained the terrorist from Toulouse, was apparently killed during an operation in North Waziristan.
• Palestinian Salafi-jihadists promise to avenge the IDF’s murder of two of their leaders in the Gaza Strip, Abu Al-Bara’a and Abu Al-Walid Al-Maqdisi.
• The Islamic State of Iraq, an Al-Qaeda affiliate, launches a new media outlet named Batar.
• A member of the jihadist Web forum Ansar Al-Mujahideen draws readers’ attention to a Web site that follows the flight paths of airborne planes. He recommends using it to spy on or shoot down enemy planes, or the VIPs flying on them.