This report summarizes notable events discussed on jihadist Web forums during the first half of…
This report summarizes notable events discussed on jihadist Web forums during the first half of November 2012. Following are the main points covered in the report:
• Al-Qaeda leader Sheikh Ayman Al-Zawahiri calls on Al-Shabab Al-Mujahideen, the Somali people and Muslims everywhere to wage jihad against the Crusader campaign of Kenyan and African Union forces against Somalia.
• Ayman Al-Zawhiri issues “Aiding Islam”, a manifesto instructing all Muslims of their obligation to cleave to monotheism, free occupied Muslim lands, and establish a caliphate.
• Abu Muhammad Al-Adnani, the official spokesman of the Islamic State of Iraq, stresses that the group will continue to fight in Iraq according to the plan of its late leader, Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi, to regain control of the areas it had left. Al-Adnani proudly lists the Islamic State’s achievements and promises a new phase in the jihad against the Shiite government of Iraq.
• The Salafi-jihadist organizations that have taken over northern Mali prepare for war against the international force that is planning to push them out and give the north back to the Malian government.
• Prominent Jordanian Salafi-jihadist Sheikh Abu Muhammad Al-Tahawi asks the Muslim Nation to aid the Al-Nusra Front, Al-Qaeda’s arm in Syria, and hasten the fall of Bashar Al-Assad.
• The fifth and sixth issues of the jihadist Turkish-language magazine ?slam Dünyas? are published.