This report summarizes notable events discussed on Jihadi Web forums during the first half of…
This report summarizes notable events discussed on Jihadi Web forums during the first half of October 2012. Following are the main points covered in the report:
• Sheikh Ayman Al-Zawahiri urges Muslims to continue attacking Western interests in protest against the denigration of the Prophet Muhammad by the anti-Muslim American film, “Innocence of Muslims”, and to employ all means possible to assault the Crusader-Zionist alliance, which consecrates war against Islam.
• Palestinian Salafi-jihadist groups threaten revenge against the assassination by the Israeli Air Force of Sheikhs Abu Walid Al-Maqdisi and Abu Al-Bara’a, founders of the Shura Council of the Mujahideen in the Environs of Jerusalem.
• The Islamic State of Iraq, an arm of Al-Qaeda, takes responsibility for storming Tasfirat Prison in Tikrit, freeing scores of prisoners, on September 17, 2012.
• The Movement of Tawhid and Jihad in West Africa urges Muslims in Mali and vicinity to join the battle against the Crusader armies which, led by France, intend to invade Mali and foil attempts to impose Islamic law, and whose media insult the Prophet Muhammad.
• The Al-Nusra Front takes responsibility for a complex terrorist attack against the Syrian Army Chief of Staff’s headquarters in the heart of Damascus on September 26, 2012.
• Sheikh Siraj Al-Din Zurayqat, a Lebanese preacher and fervent supporter of the revolution in Syria, renews his call to Lebanon’s Sunnis to take up arms to balance the scales against Hezbollah, which is striving for dominion over Lebanon.
• Ibn Taymiyyah Media Center founds a Field Monitoring Group to cover events in Jerusalem and environs.