This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in…
This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in the second half of October 2011. Following are the main issues raised in this report:
• A new cassette recording is released by Ayman Al-Zawahiri, in which he calls on the Algerian people to rise up against the government.
• Abu Yahya Al-Libi exhorts the residents of Algeria to revolt against the government; increasingly, Web surfers and officials call for revolution in Algeria.
• A senior member of Al-Qaeda in the Maghreb congratulates the Libyan people on the assassination of Qaddafi and calls on them to make national law Islamic law [Shari’a].
• A member of the forum Shumukh Al-Islam calls on Muslims in Jordan, the Sinai Peninsula, Syria and Lebanon to open a front line of attack against the Jews.
• The group Ansar Al-Shari’a, active in the south of Yemen, distributes humanitarian aid to residents of the area and prepares for a guerilla war against the Yemeni army.
• Various forums attempt to show the increasing presence of Jihadi activists in Libya.
• Al-Shabab Al-Mujahideen, active in Somalia, prepares for conflict with Kenyan military forces.
• New Jihadi groups continue to open Facebook pages.