This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in…
This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in the first half of October 2011. Following are the main issues raised in this report:
• A new cassette recording is released by Ayman Al-Zawahiri, in which he calls on the Algerian people to rise up against the government.
• A prominent writer on Jihadi forums calls for the destruction of the US Embassy in Sanaa’.
• A senior Al-Qaeda ideologue warns revolutionary Arabs not to fall into “the democracy trap”.
• Discussion continues of how to improve the efficiency of Jihadi propaganda.
• Various forums call for biological warfare against the US.
• A new volume of the Jihadi magazine Al-Somood is published.
• Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula publishes an official announcement following the assassination of Anwar Al-Awlaki, promising swift revenge.
• In an unusual step, Al-Qaeda’s general leadership sends humanitarian aid to Somalia.