This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in…
This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in the first half of November 2011. Following are the main issues raised in this report:
• A new video clip of Ayman Al-Zawahiri is issued; since being appointed to head Al-Qaeda in place of Bin Laden, Al-Zawahiri has made certain to issue a recording of his voice at least once a month.
• A Web surfer asks in vain for there to be serious discussion of the “Seven Stages Plan” [for the re-establishment of the caliphate], in light of the uprisings in the Arab world.
• Jihadist magazines in Arabic, English and Urdu, dealing in part with Jihad in Afghanistan, issue new volumes.
• There are indications of increased Jihadi activity in Kazakhstan.
• One Web surfer calls for recognizing Syria as an arena of Jihad; another exhorts Jihadi groups in Iraq to join the uprising against Assad’s regime.
• There are indications of Salafi-Jihadi activity in Tahrir Square in Egypt.
• The Salafi-Jihadi group Ansar Al-Sharia, active in Tunisia, increases its presence on Facebook.
• A old-new trend is noted: Global Jihad activists attempt to gain ground on yet another Internet organ: YouTube. pages.