This report summarizes notable events discussed on jihadist Web forums during the Second Half of…
This report summarizes notable events discussed on jihadist Web forums during the Second Half of March 2013. Following are the main points covered in the report:
• The Pakistan-Taliban urges the Pakistani people to wage a violent revolution against the oppressive Pakistani regime, like that in Syria or Libya.
• On March 14, the Islamic State of Iraq perpetrates a massive terrorist attack against the Iraqi Ministry of Justice to avenge the regime’s oppression of Sunni citizens.
• Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb calls on Muslims in North Africa, and especially in Tunisia, to concentrate on jihad and the implementation of Islamic law in North Africa – and not elsewhere.
• Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb exhorts the French, especially the families of French hostages, to pressure Hollande’s government to withdraw its army from northern Mali, lest they all suffer the consequences.
• A new Islamist-jihadist umbrella organization is established in Syria: Jaysh Al-Mujahideen wal-Ansar. The new group amalgamates local and foreign jihadists who had been fighting under the command of Chechen Abu ‘Umar al-Shishani.
• A second issue appears of the jihadist periodical Al-Balagh.