This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in…
This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in the second half of December 2011. Following are the main issues raised in this report:
• Abu Yahya Al-Libi summarizes the key events of 2011.
• A new video clip in memory of Anwar Al-Awlaki is produced by Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), and a message is sent to Muslims living in the US to join the battlefields of jihad or to fight the US on its own soil.
• In an audio file, Ibrahim Al-Rubaysh discusses the achievements of the Arab revolutions, especially as reflected in the weakening of the US in the Middle East.
• A new jihadist organization, calling itself Ansar Al-Din, is established in northern Mali.
• Al-Tawhid wal-Jihad in West Africa takes responsibility for abducting three European citizens in Algeria.
• A new jihadist organization calling itself Ansar Al-Mujahideen is established in the Sinai Peninsula.
• Three new jihadist media outlets are established: Al-Ibda, Ibn Taymiyyah (identified with the Palestinian Salafi-jihadist Army of Islam), and Al-Faroq (based in Egypt).