This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in…
This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in the first half of January 2012. Following are the main issues raised in this report:
• The Chairman of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb’s Political Committee addresses the Algerian people, telling them to bring down the Algerian regime.
• The Emir of the “Al-Tawhid wal-Jihad” Group in western Africa threatens France with war and claims responsibility for the abduction of three Europeans from south Algeria.
• The Emir of the Nigerian “Boko Haram” Group promises to continue with the operations against the Christians.
• The leader of the Kenya branch of the “Al-Shabab Al-Mujahideen” movement stresses that Kenya is a legitimate Jihad arena.
• The “Al-Qayrawan” Tunisian Salafi-Jihadi media institute expands its propaganda activity and is embraced by the “Shumukh Al-Islam” Jihadi forum.
• Three new issues of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.
• A new newsletter called “Shahada”, focusing on the Somali jihadi arena.