This report summarizes notable events discussed on Jihadi Web forums during the second half of…
This report summarizes notable events discussed on Jihadi Web forums during the second half of August 2012. Following are the main points covered in the report:
• Mullah Omar, emir of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, praises the activity of the mujahideen there and expresses immense satisfaction with their successes against the enemy.
• The Islamic State of Iraq threatens to harm Shiites in Iraq and members of the Iraqi government if the latter fulfills its intention to execute Sunni prisoners.
• Abu Musab Abd Al-Wudud, emir of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), urges Muslims to aid the rebels fighting Bashar Al-Assad’s regime in Syria.
• In light of the struggle in Syria against the Lebanese group Hezbollah, the Abdallah Azzam Brigades and other Salafi-jihadist groups step up propaganda against Hezbollah.
• Somalia’s Al-Shabab Al-Mujahideen and its affiliate, the Kenyan Muslim Youth Center, accused Kenya of assassinating Kenyan cleric Aboud Rogo Mohammed in Mombasa on August 25, 2012.
• A new issue of the jihadist magazine Talai Khurasan [Pioneers of Khurasan] was issued by Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan.