This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in…
This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in the first half of May 2012. Following are the main issues raised in this report:
• Ayman Al-Zawahiri calls on the Muslims of Afghanistan, Somalia and Yemen to fight Western forces in the lands of Islam and revolt against “collaborator” regimes.
• Al-Qaeda again threatens to execute American-Jewish hostage Warren Weinstein.
• The Shura Council of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan declares “open season” against occupation forces in Afghanistan.
• Sheikh Fahd Al-Quso Al-Awlaki, a senior military leader of Ansar Al-Sharia, has been assassinated.
• The English-language jihadist magazine Inspire resumes publication after a hiatus with two issues on individual jihad.
• A new jihadist magazine about efforts to free Muslim women prisoners has hit the cyber newsstand: Majalat Al-Asirah [The Woman Prisoner].
• The second issue of the jihadist magazine Al-Qaeda Airlines appears.