This report summarizes notable events discussed on Jihadi Web forums during the first half of…
This report summarizes notable events discussed on Jihadi Web forums during the first half of June 2012. Following are the main points covered in the report:
• Ayman Al-Zawahiri urges the Tunisian people to thwart the new Tunisian government’s intention to impose secular, rather than Islamic, law.
• Ayman Al-Zawahiri reminisces about his time with Osama bin Laden.
• In a video clip published only days after American reports of Abu Yahya Al-Libi’s demise in a drone strike, Al-Libi is seen calling on Muslims and mujahideen in Jordan, Iraq and Syria to help the Syrian people fight the regime of Bashar Al-Assad.
• The wife of Ayman Al-Zawahiri exhorts Muslim women to continue supporting the Arab revolutions, and to educate their children to love jihad and die a martyr’s death.
• Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) issues a call to Muslims wishing to make a “lone wolf attack” against a Western target, offering guidelines and assistance.
• Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) appeals to the Yemeni Army to cease fighting the mujahideen and collaborating with the US.
• Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) blames the German government for the death of a German hostage in Nigeria in a failed rescue attempt.
• A new jihadist Web forum, Hisad Al-Jihad, is up and running.