This report summarizes the most prominent events mentioned in the Jihadi online forums in the…
This report summarizes the most prominent events mentioned in the Jihadi online forums in the first half of January 2011. Following is a summary of the main issues raised in this report:
• The Islamic Emirate in Afghanistan published the 56th issue of the “Al-Somood” Jihadi magazine.
• The Amir of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb published two audio tapes following the wave of demonstrations in Tunisia and Algeria.
• Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb claimed responsibility for the kidnapping of two Frenchmen in Niger.
• There was extensive coverage of the responses to the terrorist attack at the church in Alexandria on the Jihadi forums. Moreover, threats against Christians in Egypt and around the world continued.
• An announcement was made on the founding of a new Jihadi media institute – “Al-Qadisiyya”.