This report summarizes notable events discussed on jihadist Web forums during the first half of…
This report summarizes notable events discussed on jihadist Web forums during the first half of April 2014. Following are the main points covered in the report:
- The leader of Al-Qaeda, Ayman al-Zawahiri, delivers a eulogy for Abu Khalid al-Suri, his emissary to Syria who was sent with the purpose of reconciling the ISIS and the Al-Nusra Front. In addition, al-Zawahiri calls for attacks against any organization in Syria that refuses to establish independent shari’a courts to arbitrate conflicts.
- Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) claims responsibility for an attack that was carried out in the beginning of April against the Yemeni military headquarters in Aden in response to the use of American drones in Yemen.
- A recording from April 2013 is leaked in which Majid al-Majid, leader of the Abdullah Azzam Brigades, warns of the danger in declaring an ISIS affiliate in Syria and of the subsequent disputes that will arise.
- Sheikh Abu Dhar Azzam, who serves as mufti of the Turkestan Islamic Party, emphasizes that jihad against China is necessary due to its collaboration with Pakistan and its oppression of Muslims.
- A new jihadist media institution called Al-Tibyan is established to focus on the distribution of jihadist materials in German.