This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in…
This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in the first half of October 2010. Following are the main issues raised in this report:
• A discussion surrounding “Al-Qaeda’s 7 point strategy” arose on the “Shumukh Al-Islam” Jihadi forum. The discussion took place following the American withdrawal from Iraq.
• The Taliban threatens to carry out terrorist attacks in the Netherlands.
• Surfers call for the abduction of Americans in Islamic countries in response to the American aerial attacks in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
• The Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula military commander declares the founding of the “Aden-Abyan Army”.
• The “Al-Shabab Al-Mujahideen” leadership in Somalia denies that there are disagreements within the organization’s leadership. This denial follows increasing numbers of reports on troubled relationships between the organization’s leaders.