Monthly Report Summary of Information on Jihadist Websites July 2019
- The al-Qaeda leadership criticizes Bahrain Conference and the “deal of the Century” that clarified that Palestine and Jerusalem are an integral part of Islamic lands and are non-negotiable. Per the leadership, the Bahrain Conference prove that the Palestinians are having a very difficult time because of multiple plots against them and therefore Muslims must stand beside them and assist them with their jihad, whether through bearing arms against Zionist and American interests or through financial support. The leadership stressed that it was the duty if the clerics to clarify to the Muslim nation that “jihad against the Zionist Jews and the crusading Americans is an individual duty” and the crusading-Zionism (and its allies) must be defeated not just in Palestine but on all Muslim lands (e.g. Afghanistan).
- Sheikh Ayman al-Zawahiri, al-Qaeda leader, called upon Muslims worldwide to show solidarity with the Kashmiri Muslims and support them due to their persecution by the Indian and Pakistani regimes. He also called jihadi activists in Kashmir to strengthen their relationship with jihadists in other countries to beef up jihadi activities in Kashmir.
- Harun Abbas, the new leader of Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind, affiliated with al-Qaeda in Kashmir, accused the Pakistani regime of attempting to sabotage jihad in Kashmir and called all jihadi factions to form an independent Shura council to decide on the retaliatory responses.
- Within the framework of operation “The Best Outcome is Reserved for Those who Trust Allah” ISIS activists in the various provinces (e.g. Yemen, Tunisia) renewed their pledge of allegiance to al-Bghdadi.
- ISIS debates the importance of acquiring accurate long-range missiles and bomb carrying UAVs. Per the organization, acquiring such weaponry will carry the campaign over into enemy territory and will put fear in his midst. Further, those weapons may either be bought or manufactured. In light of the above the organization called upon Muslims with relevant knowledge and skills to immigrate to an ISIS province and assist with this build-up.
- Jihadists in Idlib who are close with Hayat Tahrir al-Sham and Kharas al-Din (the al-Qaeda extension in Syria) launch a campaign titled al-Khandaq (the trench) aimed at “protecting the Syrian revolution and fight the Russians’ evil campaign […]”. The campaign raised funds and manpower from the civilian population in Idlib to dig tunnels and trenches to defend the region from enemy forces invasion.
This article is part of the RED-Alert project, funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation Programme under grant agreement No 740688.