Monthly ReportSummary of Information on Jihadist WebsitesFebruary 2018
- The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan addresses the American nation, NGO’s and members of Congress interested in peace and clarifies that it is willing to conduct peace talks on the condition that the American side accept the legitimate demands of the Afghan nation. In addition, it notes that the US did not keep its promises to bring order to Afghanistan and instead led to a security deterioration. The Emirate calls on the American people to wake up and put pressure on the government to end the US occupation of Afghanistan in light of the latter’s loss of life and property.
- Sheikh Ayman al-Zawahiri, the leader of Al-Qaeda, criticizes the support of Muslims in Egypt for the Egyptian regime led by al-Sisi. According to him, the regime is investing efforts in blurring the Muslim identity, acting against the principles of Islam and cooperating with the enemies of the religion. For this reason, it is incumbent upon Muslims in Egypt to rebel against the current regime and act to change the existing reality. In another speech, al-Zawahiri notes that the war in Syria is liable to continue for many years and, therefore, they must show patience. According to him, two things will help the mujahideen achieve victory in Syria – clinging to their faith and maintaining unity among the ranks of the mujahideen.
- Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb eulogizes the head of the organization’s media wing, Sheikh Abu Rawaha Al-Qusantini. According to the organization, al-Qusantini stood out in the field of media for the organization and combined it with jihad activities against the enemies.
- Abu ‘Abd al-Rahman al-Sanhaji, the general qadi of Jama’a Nusrat ul-Islam wa al-Muslimin, a Salafi-jihadist umbrella organization in Mali affiliated with Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), calls for a boycott of the upcoming elections in Mali because the regime in Mali cooperates with the enemy of Islam, such as France, does not take care of the welfare of the people, and exploits democracy to cover its crimes. Moreover, democracy is incompatible with shari’a and Islam. In addition, al-Sanhaji calls on Muslims to rebel against the forces of power that oppress Muslims and Islam, namely the regime in Mali and French forces.
- Zakir Musa, the leader of Ansar Ghazwat al-Hind, a Salafi-jihadist organization in Kashmir that is probably affiliated with Al-Qaeda, praises the Pakistani people for their moral, physical and economic support of jihad in Kashmir. At the same time, he pleads with them to stop accepting Pakistan’s aid in Kashmir because it is contaminated by a foreign influence and is not helpful to the jihad war effort. Musa also calls for the concentration of efforts to attack Indian security forces and any entity that helps them.
- The Islamic State (IS) offers religious justification for women’s fighting and participation in jihad against the enemy. According to the organization, during the period of ancient Islam, women participated in the battle alongside the Prophet Muhammad, hence the justification for women’s participation in the fighting today.
This article is part of the RED-Alert project, funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation Programme under grant agreement No 740688.