This report summarizes notable events discussed on jihadist Web forums during the second half of…
This report summarizes notable events discussed on jihadist Web forums during the second half of September 2014. Following are the main points covered in the report:
- Adam Gadahn, a senior Al-Qaeda leader, harshly criticizes the Pakistani regime in light of its cooperation with the West, especially the United States. According to him, in order to hasten the fall of the regime, efforts must be focused on attacking American targets and other Western and Zionist targets on Pakistani soil.
- Al-Qaeda in the Indian subcontinent claims responsibility for an attempted attack against American naval forces after it seized control of a Pakistani warship. In a statement published on the matter, the organization emphasizes that its operations will focus on maritime terrorism against American targets.
- Sheikh Nasser bin Ali al-Ansi, a senior commander in Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, calls on Muslims to attack American targets and those of its allies due to their membership in the coalition force against the Islamic State. In addition, he calls on the mujahideen to attack Houthis everywhere because of their attacks on Sunnis and their Iranian-backed takeover of Sanaa, the capital of Yemen.
- In response to coalition attacks against the Islamic State, Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula and Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb publish a joint announcement condemning the coalition and calling on Muslims to fight against it and attack the interests of the countries participating in the coalition.
- The Islamic State launches a new series of videos that includes a letter from captive British journalist, John Cantlie, who was kidnapped in Syria in November 2012. Cantlie states that the goal of the video series is to expose the truth about the organization in light of the false propaganda campaign being waged against it by the Western media.