This report summarizes notable events discussed on jihadist Web forums during the secondhalf of October…
This report summarizes notable events discussed on jihadist Web forums during the secondhalf of October 2013. Following are the main points covered in the report:
- Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) in the Sahara threatened to carry out terrorist attacks against French targets on French soil in response to France’s involvement in events taking place in northern Mali.
- Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) promised to bring harm to the Yemeni regime due to prison guards’ brutal oppression of Sunni prisoners in jail.
- The jihadist media institution Ibn Taymiyya, responsible for publications regarding the Salafi-jihadist movement in the Sinai Peninsula and the Gaza Strip, called on Muslims to focus their efforts and take every possible action to free Muslim prisoners sitting in jails in Israel. It said that Muslims must follow the mujahideen’s example of breaking into prisons in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria, and apply it on Israeli soil.
- Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis, a Salafi-jihadist group operating in the Sinai Peninsula, claimed responsibility for a terrorist attack that was carried out against an Egyptian intelligence building in Ismailia.
- The Indian Salafi-jihadist group, Supporters of Monotheism in India, called for jihad to be waged against infidel regimes.