This report summarizes the most prominent events mentioned in the Jihadi online forums over the…
This report summarizes the most prominent events mentioned in the Jihadi online forums over the course of the second half of March 2011. Following are the main issues raised in this report:
• Senior Al-Qaeda members and writers on Jihadist forums address the events in Libya and express their support for the rebels.
• The 5th issue of the Jihadist “Inspire” magazine is published.
• Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula declares the Abyan Province in South Yemen as an “Islamic Emirate”.
• A report claiming the leader of the Islamic Emirate in the Caucasus, Dokka Umarov, has been eliminated.
• New social groups supporting Global Jihad are opening their own pages on Facebook.