This report summarizes notable events discussed on jihadist Web forums during the second half of…
This report summarizes notable events discussed on jihadist Web forums during the second half of December 2014. Following are the main points covered in the report:
- Omar Mansoor, a senior member of the Talban in Pakistan, justifies attacks on relatives, including children, of Pakistani soldiers in revenge for killing members of the organization. His position on the matter is published following the massacre that members of the organization carried out in a school in Peshawar.
- Members of the Islamic State publish photos of a Jordanian pilot who they captured after they managed to shoot down his plane, according to their claim. The magazine, Dabiq, which is produced by the Islamic State, publishes an interview with the Jordanian pilot regarding the types of planes being used by coalition forces in their battle against members of the Islamic State, American assistance received by the Arab countries fighting this battle, and the circumstances surrounding the pilot’s capture.
- Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula publishes a new edition of the magazine, Inspire, calling on Muslims, especially in the United States, to carry out individual, “lone wolf” attacks in their native lands, mainly against American, British and French economic targets and aircraft. In addition, the magazine provides an explanation on how to build a “hidden bomb” and how to overcome security checks in airports.
- Members of the Islamic State threaten to attack members of the Tunisian leadership and army for deviating from Islam and failing to implement shari’a, and they call on Tunisian citizens not to take part in the country’s elections.
- Sheikh Muhammad Abu Uthman al- Ghimarawi, the kadi (judge) appointed to Dagestan Province, issues a scathing criticism of all those who swore allegiance to the caliph, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, and describes the Islamic Caliphate as an illegal entity established in sin.
- Members of the Islamic State increase their PR activities with official publications and posts on social networks against France, and call on its citizens to carry out terrorist attacks on French soil due to France’s hostile attitude towards Islam.