This report summarizes notable events discussed on jihadist Web forums during the second half of…
This report summarizes notable events discussed on jihadist Web forums during the second half of April 2015. Following are the main points covered in the report:
- Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb calls upon the Tunisian people to continue rebelling with jihad, claiming that the present regime has not been changed, and that the old “tryants” have simply been replaced with new ones. According to the organization, a desire to return Islam to Tunisia without harming innocent people is apparent. In addition, the organization addresses fighters from the ‘Uqbah bin Nafi brigade in Tunisia, praising their jihadist war, but also warning them not to transform into mercenaries.
- The Islamic State in Iraq threatens to continue executing dozens of Kurdish Peshmerga fighters, whom they claim they are holding captive. That will occur if the Peshmerga don’t stop battling against Islamic State fighters.
- The Islamic State in Libya executes about thirty Christians from Ethiopia who were in Libya. According to the organization, the status held by Christians is of heretics, and there is a religious ruling permitting the massacre of Christians who refuse to convert to Islam, or sparing their lives if they pay protection money.
- The Islamic State in Sanaa Province in Yemen produces a first video titled “Caliphate Soldiers on Yemenite Land”. In the video, IS fighters threaten to slaughter the Houthis. In addition, the Islamic State in the province publishes a video documenting the execution of Yemenite soldiers.
- Al-Nusra Front publishes a series of videos documenting the liberation of the city Jisr Al-Shaghur.