This report summarizes notable events discussed on jihadist Web forums during the First Half of June 2013. Following are the main points covered in the report:
• In a new audio statement, Sheikh Ayman al-Zawahiri, the leader of Al-Qaeda, calls on Muslims, and especially Palestinians, to liberate Palestine from the Zionist-Israeli regime that has controlled it for 65 years.
• The Qatari satellite television station Al-Jazeera publishes a letter allegedly written by Sheikh Ayman al-Zawahiri in an attempt to mediate between the Al-Nusra Front in Syria and the Islamic State of Iraq – feuding Al-Qaeda affiliates – following the declaration by the leader of the latter that the two were uniting. Although al-Zawahiri confirms that the two groups are still separate, the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq continues to aver that the unification is valid.
• A senior member of Al-Qaeda exhorts the Muslims in India to join global jihad against the US and its allies.
• In a recent audio statement, a Saudi Arabian deputy consul who is a captive of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) accuses the Saudi regime of collaborating with the US against the mujahideen – as evidenced, he claims, by its allowing a US air base on Saudi soil, from which drones are sent to attack Muslims in Yemen.
• The Al-Nusra Front in Syria warns the Druze in As-Suwayda not to collaborate with Hezbollah and the Shi’ites, unless they wish to feel the wrath of the mujahideen.
• The second issue appears of the Pakistan-Taliban’s English-language jihadist magazine, AZAN.
• The Shura Council of the jihadist Web forum Snam Al-Islam mourns the death from a degenerative muscular disease of the administrator of the Global Jihad Web forum.