This report summarizes the most prominent events discussed in the Jihadi online forums in the…
This report summarizes the most prominent events discussed in the Jihadi online forums in the first half of June 2011. Following are the main points covered in this report:
• The Jihadi forums advance the strategy of individual Jihad, and threaten to carry out attacks against Americans and targets in the U.S.
• Ayman Al-Zawahiri eulogizes Bin Laden and threatens to carry out a revenge attack which will be larger in scope than the 9/11 attacks.
• The “Abdullah Azzam Brigades” organization denies any connection to the attack on a UNIFIL convoy at the end of May 2011, and supports the popular uprising in Syria.
• The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan movement threatens to attack American targets in response to Bin Laden’s assassination.
• The Jihadi forums publish the 61st edition of the Jihadi “Al-Somood” magazine.
• The “Al-Shabab Al-Mujahideen” movement carried out an attack on the Somali Minister of Interior.
• Reports on additional Jihadi groups on the Facebook social network.