This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in…
This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in the first half of February 2012. Following are the main issues raised in this report:
• Ayman Al-Zawahiri, the leader of Al-Qaeda, announced that the Somali movement Al-Shabab Al-Mujahideen had officially joined Al-Qaeda.
• Al-Shabab Al-Mujahideen organized a large celebration in honor of its having joined the ranks of Al-Qaeda.
• Ansar Al-Sharia in Yemen executed three Yemeni citizens suspected of collaborating with US forces.
• The Islamic State of Iraq took responsibility for assassinating Mullah Nadim Al-Juburi, a former leader who had left the organization.
• Abu Muhammad Al-Tahawi, an influential Salafi-jihadist in Jordan, called for jihad against the regime of Bashar Al-Assad.
• A new volume was published of Al-Shamikha, a jihadist magazine for women.
• New volumes appeared of three publications that cover the jihad in Afghanistan.
• The Salafi-jihadist media outlet Al-Faroq, which focuses on Egypt, launched a new Facebook page.