This report summarizes the most prominent events mentioned in the Jihadi online forums over the…
This report summarizes the most prominent events mentioned in the Jihadi online forums over the course of the first half of February 2011. Following are the main issues raised in this report:
• Anwar Al-Awlaki addressed the media in an audiotape, calling for the real face of the United States and its agents to be exposed.
• The 16th issue of the “Sada Al-Malahem” magazine was published.
• A member on Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb’s Sharia Committee stated that every Muslim is duty-bound to join the Jihad in the Maghreb.
• Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb claimed responsibility for the attempted assassination of the Mauritania President.
• The “Islamic State of Iraq” organization called to Egypt to found an Islamic religious state.
• One of Ayman Al-Zawahiri’s deputies in the Egyptian “Islamic Jihad Group” expressed his support for the demonstrators in Egypt.
• The “Al-Shabab Al-Mujahideen” movement in Somalia started a television channel.