This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in…
This report summarizes the most prominent events brought up in the Jihadi online forums in the first half of April 2012. Following are the main issues raised in this report:
• The leadership of Al-Qaeda and of its Somali affiliate Al-Shabab Al- Mujahideen threaten Britain with retribution for its intention to extradite al- Qaeda spiritual leader Abu Qatadah Al-Filastini to Jordan.
• Waliur Rehman, deputy commander of the Pakistani Taliban, threatens the UK with attack if it refuses to release Islamist prisoners – or at least improve their conditions.
• The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan takes responsibility for a series of synchronized terrorist attacks against embassies and other targets throughout Afghanistan.
• Sheikh Abu Ubayda Yusuf Al-Annabi expresses solidarity with the Syrian people in their struggle against the regime of Bashar Al-Assad.
• A new jihadist series on military affairs, Al-Qaeda Airlines, is released.
• A new jihadist magazine is issued in Swahili.
• Evidence increases of the involvement of contributors to jihadist Web forums, such as Shumukh Al-Islam, in actual jihad and in terrorist activities.
• Leading jihadist Web forums Shumukh Al-Islam and Al-Fida resume operation after a temporary takedown last month.