This review reports the main fatwas [religious-legal rulings] issued in response to readers’ questions by…
This review reports the main fatwas [religious-legal rulings] issued in response to readers’ questions by Minbar Al-Tawhid wal-Jihad, the Web site of Salafist ideologue Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi. In May and June 2013, Sheikh Shanqiti ruled as follows:
• Mullah Muhammad Omar, the leader of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, is today considered the head of the Muslim Nation, and Al-Qaeda leader Sheikh Ayman al-Zawahiri is his underling.
• All secular people are automatically considered infidels.
• It is permissible to commit a suicide attack against Hezbollah in an effort to reduce harm to women and children.
• One must not take sides in the internal conflict in Egypt.
• Money obtained from infidels may be used for jihad.