This report summarizes the most prominent articles published in the Arabic media on the subject…
This report summarizes the most prominent articles published in the Arabic media on the subject of global Jihad over the course of the first half of February 2011. Following are the main issues raised in this report:
• Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility for the assassination attempt on the Mauritanian President.
• A wave of terror attacks took place in Peshawar, in the tribal region of Pakistan; the Taliban-Pakistan threatened to carry out more attacks.
• Suicide attacks in Iraq continue to claim victims.
• There is concern in the U.S. that Al-Qaeda will attempt to carry out a terrorist attack against prominent figures in the financial sector on Wall Street.
• “Wikileaks” documents revealed Al-Qaeda’s attempts to obtain “dirty” bombs.