Lawyer, Educated at Law Faculty, Tel-Aviv University
1977-93 Elected to the 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th Knesset:
- Deputy Foreign Minister
- Acting Minister of Interior
- Deputy Minister at the Prime Minister’s office
- Minister of the Environment
- Minister of Labor and Welfare Minister of Police
- Member of the Ministerial Council on Security.
1993-98 Elected as the 8th Mayor of Tel-Aviv-Jaffa.
5/1999 Elected to the 15th Knesset
8/2000-1/2001 Minister of Health.
2001-2/2003 Minister for Regional Cooperation
11/2003 – 9/2006 Chairman of the Board of Azorim Investment Ltd. IDB Group
12/2004 – 3/2010 Board member of Bank Yahav
8/2007 – 8/2012 Board member of American Israeli Paper Mills Ltd. Group
3/2010 – 8/2012 Chairman of Cantor Fitzgerald Israel
6/2010 – 11/2014 Board member of Kardan Real Estate
Since 4/2015 Board member of Delek Group Ltd
Hosting a weekly TV show about current issues